Work at 900 North Michigan Shops
North Shore Exchange is an award-winning upscale and luxury resale boutique and online store offering its shoppers, consignors and donors an unbeatable “win-win”: fabulous upscale and luxury designer finds for incredible prices, and the knowledge that every single item sold is making a difference in the life of someone in need. North Shore Exchange donates 100% of its profits to Chicagoland charities serving children and families. North Shore Exchange has reached a cumulative $1,000,000 in charitable giving to deserving Chicago-area causes serving children and families.
On October 3rd, we opened our second location we’re in Chicago. Our expansion allows us to have an even greater impact on the worthy charities we support.
To make the city location a success, we are seeking a part-time Assistant Store Manager, reporting directly to the Store Manager.
- Assist the Store Manager in providing overall management of North Shore Exchange, its employees and its volunteers
- Assist the manager in all day to day operations for NSE, including personnel, sales promotions and inventory control.
- Provide superior customer service and assistance to our customers, consignors and donors
- Train and manage volunteers
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Work with all new technology (calendar, online store, etc) needed for day to day activities
- Develop and manage external relationships
- Help facilitate intake, putting out of items and communication
- Maintain controls for cash monitoring and daily deposits
10.Develop specific task lists for volunteers – assign ongoing projects as necessary
- Rotate all merchandise to sell when necessary and remove from floor when expired
12.Oversee and ensure rotation and updating of window and in-store display
- Manage/oversee donation pickups
- Make recommendations to Executive Director/Board for changes in store operations, capital expenses and budget changes
- Analyze marketing and sales trends and make recommendations based on analysis
- Provide a welcoming inclusive working environment for all staff and volunteers
- Maintain an expedient process for returning unsold or unwanted items to consignors
Hours are flexible, 20-25 hours per week without benefits. Applicants should have 1-2 years retail management experience, providing exceptional customer service and a proven sales track record. Management of volunteers/employees and familiarity with fashion and luxury brands preferred.